Tuesday, November 28, 2006

STILL Waiting!

Being persistent (impatient), I called the doctor's office at 4:45 this afternoon.

"Hi this is Bethany ____, has the doctor looked at my results yet?"

"Mrs. ____, I told you, the doctor is very busy and would probably not get to them today. He has already left the office for the day", said the receptionist with her bitchy, bad mood voice.

Sweet as could be, without a hint of sarcasm, I say, "It sounds like you're having one of those days."

Big exhale, a little calmer, "I sure am, it started bad and just kept going."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been waiting all day to hear if I have cancer. Now I get to wait all night."

"Oh, I'll have Doctor call you first thing in the morning."

Yeah and I'll hold my breath waiting.

1 comment:

Katkoot said...

How frustrating!