Sunday, June 01, 2008

Book Binge 2008

Welcome to The 2nd Annual Book Binge hosted by the lovely MaryP.

This Book Binge came at just the right time for me. I needed something to take my mind off the assorted crap going on and this was the perfect remedy! Thanks for having another binge, Mary!

What did I read? As I was sitting down to write this post I realized I didn't have my list with me. I look in my purse. Not there. I look in my bill drawer. Not there. I then look every where else in the house. Not there. Great. Can't find the damn list! They were library books for the most part, I can check the library's site. Nope, once they are returned there is no record. Here I thought the FBI or CIA was monitoring people's library borrowings. (FBI, If you are reading this, did I remember all of my books?)

The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen I liked this book. Modern day woman finds skeleton in her yard. Story flashes back to the 1830's and back again. Not as good as some of her other books but a nice read.

Hour Game by David Baldacci I have read and loved Baldacci's Camel Club books but for some reason never read the Sean King/ Michelle Maxwell books. This book and the next on the list are both King/Maxwell books. They were...ok. I read them but they were also easy to put down. No "can't wait to get back to it" feeling.

Simple Genius by David Baldacci See above.

A Friar's Blood Feud by Michael Jecks A Knights Templar Book I love these books. Sir Baldwin de Furnshill is a Keeper of the Peace in the 14th century. He is also a former Knight Templar. Great settings and a plot that kept me engaged.

Women's Letters: America from the Revolutionary War to the Present edited by Lisa Grunwald and Stephen J. Adler I am on page 397 of 761. (I am reading it between other books.) I love this book! It is filled with letters from women (you think?). I love history, especially American history, and it is fascinating to get first hand accounts of things that happened so many years ago. Where possible the editors added biographical info on the writer and receiver.

The American Resting Place by Marilyn Yalom Photographs by Reid S. Yalom You may think I'm morbid but I love cemeteries. I have found so much interesting information in cemeteries while researching my family tree. This book follows the burying history of America for the last 400 years. A fascinating book not at all creepy.

Death Row by Jon Katz A Suburban Detective Book. This is what I call "an easy read". Engaging but not consuming. Interesting but not can't put down.

Obsession by Jonathan Kellerman An Alex Delaware novel. Do I really need to say more? They sort of bleed together after a while.

Rockabye: From Wild To Child by Rebecca Woolf She blogs at Girls Gone Child. I loved this book and talked about it so much, my mother is reading it now.

7th Heaven by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber

The Front by Patricia Cornwell

For some reason my wordpress link thing isn't working so I couldn't link to the last few books. Sorry.


I have 8 or 10 more books to add but I am going to set this to automatically publish on Sunday. I am not sure if I will get back to it tomorrow as two of my kids (the smallest and whiniest) have strep throat. If this message is still here- I did not get back to it. If you like, check back on Tuesday for the full list, it should be up by then.


***Edited Monday June 2***
Since I lost my list I can't remember the other books so they probably weren't that good! Kids are a bit better, thanks for asking!

No comments: