Friday, May 16, 2008

Wallowing

If you guessed that is what I have been doing well, damn, you’re good!


I just can’t seem to get out of this funk. Between the post partum and the job loss I feel like crap. I went on Zoloft a couple of weeks after Scoop was born. The low dose the doc started me on didn’t do it so we upped the dose. That seemed to help a bit but it gave me diarrhea (sorry) about nine times a day. Just can’t deal with that out of the blue dash for the bathroom. I can barely hold my pee in for 6.3 seconds, never mind having to run! So I weaned myself off the Zoloft. A friend gave me the name of her shrink. Have I called? No, of course not. It’s so much more fun to sit around feeling overwhelmed and sorry for myself.


Starting today I am making a concerted effort to get off my ass and do something. Anything.


Today I registered Ebaby for Kindergarten. Freakin’ Kindergarten!! My baaabeee! Then I went to Dunkin Donuts for free iced coffee with my girlfriends (Yum!!) and their soon-to-be Kindergartners. Apparently there was something in the water because we all got knocked up around the same time.


So there you go, I left the house and communicated with the outside world.

One small step blah blah blah…


PS. Regarding the job situation- if you really want to know what is going on email me I just can’t talk about it here right now.

No comments: