Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nothing Like A Tone Of Voice To Set Me Off

Yesterday, as I am using the bathroom for the 10th time (I can’t wait for the Zoloft to be out of my system)…where was I? Oh yeah, bathroom. So I’m in the bathroom, Scoop is on the floor under her little flashy light, rattle thing,and Ebaby is watching Dragon Tales an educational program on greenhouse gasses.

Or so I thought.

I heard Scoop “talking” and thought it sounded funny. I peek out the bathroom door and see she is not under the play thing. Oh hell, I wrap it up quickly.

She was on Ebaby’s bed, all tucked in.

How did she get there?

Ebaby pushed her. Picture this…

Scoop lying on the floor. Ebaby moves play yard, puts two hands on Scoop’s tush and pushes her to the bedroom. She then picks her up and puts her on the bed. I had a heart attack and died.

Scoop was fine and kinda happy to be in her big sister’s room. Luckily she did not have a rug burn on the back of her head. The strange thing is she had to push her right past the bathroom and I never heard a thing. Sneaky little thing.


The tone of voice?

That would be the Big Guy.
Ebaby told him what happened when he made his nightly call home. When I got on the phone the connection was lost. When he got home he asked me how Ebaby got Scoop in the bed. With a tone. You know the one- it makes you feel like shit.

I said she pushed her.

Silence.

Then I got a look. It had a tone, too.

I said, “Well what’s the next question?”
I admit, it had a tone.

More silence and a look.

I got up and went to bed.

“Where are you going?”

Just kept going.

No comments: