Sunday, November 26, 2006

Big Guy's Favorite Cookie

Here is your first Ice Cream Mama cookie recipe. My husband loves these. We call them Snowballs but I have also heard them called Russian Tea Cakes. They are really easy to make and since they don't spread you can put a whole bunch of them on one cookie sheet.

1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
powdered sugar for covering

Preheat oven to 400
Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
Stir in flour and salt.
Stir in nuts.
Chill dough about one hour.
Roll into 1/2 inch balls.
Bake for about 10 minutes. (That is how long in my oven- adjust for your own)
While warm, roll in powdered sugar.
Cool completely.
Roll in sugar again.

I don't know how many this makes because they go faster than I can count.

No comments: