Thursday, December 07, 2006

Body Challenge

Unless the challenge is to have the biggest body- I'm out!

Seriously, Discovery Channel is having the 2007 National Body Challenge. I am thinking about doing this. (Thinking about it, ya know, not actually doing it right now.)

I need to do something because critical mass has been reached, my friends. Part of it is the anti-thyroid meds I'm on. In the last 12 or so weeks I've been on them I have gained 20 pounds. I wish I could blame all of the fatness on the meds, but let's face it- I'm lazy and I'm not the Ice Cream Mama for nothing!

I think this is going to go on the list of things for next year. No, they are not resolutions, I break resolutions, these are merely items to put on the list of things to do in 2007. Other items on the list include: wax my eyebrows and upper lip hair (if you call it a mustache I will reach out through the Internet and slap the hell out of you, 'kay?)

I need to come up with a plan because this extra weight has got to go! I can't do anything that requires special foods or no carbs- it has to be real world workable. There are so many different diets but what really works? How can I fit exercise into an already over-booked life? Does anyone want to embark on this journey toward health with me? Or at least come to my house and empty the freezer of its creamy frozen delights?

2 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

I'm still working on the "all bread all the time" diet. I'll let you know if I come up with a way to make that work.


So far, it's not working. In case that's not obvious.

Rashenbo said...

That looks awesome... I may have to join it too... maybe we need a discovery health challenge blogger ring or something to egg each other on!!!