You know I don't make resolutions, what am I , The Declaration of Independence? I make lists. Sometimes I even do what's on those lists. I didn't bother making a list for 2008 because I knew I had a baby coming in February. My list would have looked like:
- Feed baby
- Burp baby
- Change baby
- Try not to lose my shit
My list from 2007 can be seen here. A bit of success. We have zero credit card debt and saved some money which is helping my sanity right now, I just wish it were more. I organized things. Cleaned the closet and that's about it. But it's a new year. A new beginning. Or something.
So here it is the long awaited (by you, that's who. Work with me people) List Of Things To Do In 2009!
- Lose weight. Who'd have thunk it? More on this later.
- Quit smoking. Why, yes, I am a cliche thank you. This was on my list in 2007 and I actually did it. When I found out I was pregnant I quit. Easily. Then the baby came and with her came post partum depression and a job layoff and the Marlboro Man. When he knocked on the door I opened it and threw my arms around him. Should have told him to piss off. I quit for two months (I think. Plurk people, do you remember?) this summer. I am weak but this is my year. I must quit.
- Exercise and in general take better care of myself. More sleep. Time for me to recharge, that kind of thing.
- Find a job. Or the Big Guy find a job. Or both of us. Between you and me, the Big Guy find a job that pays enough for me to stay home. I've been here a while and it kind of grew on me.
- Put pictures in frames. Two years after the original list and I still haven't done it.
- Update the baby books. Scoop's has her name in it and Ebaby is only two from the info in the book. Bad mommy.
- Spend more time with the family rather than around them trying to get something done.
- Blog more. I've missed it.
- Pray more. I really need it.
I'm sure I've missed something but this is a start. Hopefully two years from now I can have everything checked off my list.