Monday, February 25, 2008

Yes, I am still alive. Half asleep but alive.

I survived the never ending labor and delivery. I’ll spare you the full story but here are some highlights:

When I got to the hospital I was already in labor, contracting every five minutes all by myself.

Sounds good, right? That’s what I thought.

Scoop decided to take her own sweet time.

Thirty-two hours later she was born.

Stinker.

The epidural wore off and the anesthesiologist was doing a c-section.

How the hell do women do this without drugs?

I have a high pain tolerance but, come on this shit hurts!

She was large.

Nine pounds four ounces

ouch

Thankfully I only had to push for about 25 minutes.

I didn’t need an episiotomy nor did I tear.

Good for my healing- no stitches.

Possibly bad for the Big Guy and our future sex lives.

Scoop is super cute. She’s so big she looks like a two month old! She is a good eater and sleeper. Completely different than Ebaby. I know that each baby is different but they are so different it is pretty amazing.

Some of you have said you can’t wait to see pictures but I don’t post kid pix out of respect for the Big Guy. If you emailed me your address I’ll be sending out birth announcements when I get them this week. If you want one send me your address. I’m not sure how many extras I will have so act fast. Limited time offer etc, etc.

Special thanks to Rachel for updating the Scoop story!

I’m off to check my two week back up on Bloglines. I have to see if Cletus is here yet!

No comments: